SPINACH AND MUSHROOM WHITE LASAGNE
1 lb. Fresh Mozzarella
1 lb. Whole Milk Ricotta
1 cup shredded Parmesan
1 tbsp. Lemon zest
2 tsp. Sage
1 tsp. Rosemary
Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper
Béchamel & Assembly
¼ cup Unsalted Butter
¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
5+ cups Half and Half
1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
1 Bay Leaf
1 lb. Lasagna Noodles
¾ cups Parmesan
3 bunches Spinach
3 lbs. Assorted Mushrooms
1. Cook vegetables, season well. Set aside
2. Mix cheese, herbs, lemon zest in a bowl and season with salt, pepper and red pepper. Place in refrigerator.
3. Melt butter in large saucepan. Add flour and stir until slightly thickened. 2-3 minutes.
4. Increase heat. Slowly whisk in half and half to prevent lumps. Add nutmeg and bay leaf.
5. Reduce heat to low and cook until milkshake consistency. Béchamel should coat the end of a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
6. Cook lasagna noodles to al dente. Approximately 8-9 minutes.
7. Assemble in lasagna pan beginning with layer of béchamel and lasagna noodles. Make 3 layers and top with remaining béchamel and parmesan cheese.
8. Bake in oven at 375o for 45 minutes. Remove foil and broil. If freezing, let lasagna return to room temperature before cooking.
Use Lamb, Spinach & Mushrooms; Kale and Mushrooms; Sausage & Broccoli Rabe; Squash or any combination or vegetables for the filling.
Use thinly slices strips of Zucchini instead of Lasagna Noodles.