Tomatoes, about 1 lb diced or cut in half and quarters if using smaller varieties - Assorted varieties and colors make the most visually pleasing results
1-2 large Cucumbers, cut in quarters and sliced
1 medium Red Onion, diced
Kalamata Olives, pitted and roughly chopped
Oregano, fresh or dried
Feta Cheese, crumbled
Salt and Pepper
Red Wine Vinegar
1. Rinse and chop vegetables according to the directions above.
2. Mix in a large bowl. Add oregano, olive oil, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Crumble desired amount of feta cheese on top of salad and mix gently before serving. Crumble more cheese on top if desired.
Greek Salad 3 Other Ways
The above recipe can be used in a number of different ways.
1. Add above recipe to greens for a leafier option.
2. Cook 1 cup of pearled barley or farro in 2 ½ cups of water or stock until done. Mix cooked barley with vegetables before dressing. You may need to use more olive oil and red wine vinegar than when just dressing the vegetables.
3. Cook 1 cup of quinoa in 1 ½ cups water or stock and mix with vegetables prior to dressing.
4. Mix with 1 lb cooked pasta of a small variety. Add additional dressing or squeeze of lemon as needed.