2-3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, pounded thin or filleted
1 bunch of Spinach
1 lb Portabella or Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
1 small Onion, sliced
3 cloves of Garlic, sliced
¼ lb of Prosciutto or Speck
¼ lb Provolone Cheese
1 cup or more Dry White Wine
1 can Chicken or Vegetable Stock
Flour for dredging
Salt and Pepper
1. Sauté Mushrooms with salt and pepper. Remove Mushrooms and sauté Spinach in same pan. Use some butter for more flavor. Set cooked vegetables aside
2. Prepare Flour with Salt and Pepper for dredging. Dredge Chicken in Flour. Chicken may be cut up into smaller pieces if desired.
3. In deep ovenproof pan, fry Chicken in Olive Oil until brown on both sides but not cooked through. Remove Chicken from pan.
4. Add Olive Oil to pan. Sauté Garlic and Onions until soft.
5. Add White Wine and let boil about 2 minutes. Add can of stock. Season with salt and pepper. Boil for another 2 minutes.
6. Place Chicken back in pan. Layer Spinach on top of Chicken. Layer Mushrooms on top of Spinach.
7. Layer Prosciutto, then Provolone on top of Mushrooms.
8. Place cover on top of pan and pan in oven at 350 degrees. Cook for about 15 minutes.
9. Remove lid, sprinkle chopped Parsley, return to oven and let Cheese brown slightly.
10. Remove from oven. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Serve.