Potatoes – About 3 lbs, any variety or assorted varieties
4 Large Eggs
Parmesan Cheese – About 1 cup
Sweet or Hot Soppressata or other cured meat such as Prosciutto, Capicola, Pancetta or Bacon
Salt and Pepper
1. Boil diced potatoes in large pot of salted water. You may skin the before or skin them with a knife after they are boiled. While potatoes are warm, put through potato ricer or mash with a fork.
2. Scramble eggs in separate bowl and add to potato mixture once potatoes are relatively cool.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garlic powder and Paprika if desired.
4. Diced Mozzarella cheese into small cubes. Slice or diced dried sausage into small pieces. Chop parsley. Add all three to potato mixture.
5. Warm about 1 cup of milk and a ¼ cup butter together. Slowly add potato mixture, stirring gently. Reserve a bit to pour on top before going into the over.
6. Grease deep over pan with olive oil and spread breadcrumbs over bottom of pan. Add potato mixture to span and spread evenly.
7. Pour remaining milk and butter. Top with more butter, parmesan cheese or breadcrumbs if desired.
8. Bake covered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes before. Place under broiler until top is brown.
Add sliced Fennel to Garlic and Onions when sautéing.
Use different types of leafy green vegetables instead of Spinach – Kale, Swiss Chard, etc.
Use Veal instead of Chicken