2 small or 1 medium-to-large zucchini
handful of chopped or torn basil leaves
1/4 cup almond or dairy milk
1/2 tsp of dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
optional add ins: greens, tomatoes, prosciutto, fresh mozzarella...the list goes on!
1. Chop the zucchini in half, then into quarters. The slices should be about 1/4" thick.
2. Lightly oil a skillet and sautee the zucchini and dried oregano for ~ 5 minutes, until lightly done. If adding greens or other vegetables, sautee them as well. Set aside and let cool.
3. Beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper til frothy.
4. Line a slow cooker with parchment paper for ease of removal and ease of clean up. If not using parchment, generously grease the sides of the cooker.
5. Pour egg mixture into the slow cooker. Add the vegetables and any other mix-ins.
6. Add basil to the top. Ensure that it's semi-submerged in the egg mixture.
7. Cook on high for 2.5 hours or until it looks set on top.
8. Remove from cooker using parchment paper. Let rest on a cooling rack until desired temperature.
Serving notes: Make it a meal by adding a simple green salad. Also makes great pack-ahead lunches and breakfasts!