- 6 ears of sweet yellow corn, unhusked
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 cup finely grated Manchego cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced chives
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 450°. Roast unhusked corn on a baking sheet, turning occasionally, until heated through and crisp-tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool. Shuck corn and cut kernels from cobs. Discard cobs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add corn kernels and sauté until heated through and light-golden in spots, 3-5 minutes. Add butter; stir until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer corn to a large wide bowl or deep platter; sprinkle jalapeño and crushed red pepper flakes over. Squeeze lime wedges over; sprinkle with cheese, chives, and lime zest.