· 1 large head of broccoli, cut into large florets with some stalk attached
· 2 garlic cloves, 1 finely grated, 1 thinly sliced, divided
· 1 1/2 teaspoons sambal oelek
· 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar, divided
· 3/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
· 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more
· 3 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced, plus more for serving
· 1 (3-inch) piece ginger, peeled, cut into 1-inch matchsticks
· 4 cups chopped Tuscan kale leaves
· 2 (10-ounce) packages fresh ramen noodles or 2 (3-ounce) packages dried
· Torn mint leaves and toasted sesame seeds (for serving)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss broccoli with grated garlic, sambal oelek, 1 Tbsp. vinegar, and 1/4 cup oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing occasionally, until tender and browned in spots, 20–25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk scallions, ginger, sliced garlic, 1 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and remaining 1/2 cup vinegar and 1/2 cup oil in a large bowl. Add kale; toss to coat. Let sit at room temperature at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
3. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; rinse under cold water. Add noodles and warm broccoli to kale and toss to coat. Divide among bowls and top with mint, sesame seeds, and more scallions.