Hands-on Time: 20m
Total Time: 20m
• 12 ounces linguine (3/4 box)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 pound zucchini, sliced into thin half-moons
• kosher salt and pepper
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 5 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
• 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
3. Cook, stirring, until the zucchini is tender and any liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
5. Add all but 2 tablespoons of the cheese to the pasta. Add the reserved cooking water, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir until creamy.
6. Serve the pasta topped with the zucchini, lemon zest, and remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
If you have any fresh herbs on hand (tarragon, parsley, chervil, chives), chop them up and toss them with the pasta before serving.