6 large beets, chopped into bite-size pieces
1 garlic bulb
6 kale leaves, roughly chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, pine nuts, or other nut of choice
Olive oil, to taste
Balsamic vinegar, to taste
Feta cheese, crumbled
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Toss beets with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a baking dish. Cut the tips off the garlic bulb and lay it flat in the middle of the beets. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a fork slides easily into the beets.
3. Add the walnuts and kale and bake for an additional five minutes.
4. Remove the vegetables from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Remove the garlic from the skin and add to a bowl with the beets and kale.
5. Toss with oil, vinegar, and crumbled feta. Enjoy at room temperature or refridgerate and serve cold.