Lemon Fusilli with Arugula
1 tablespoon good olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
2 cups heavy cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 bunch brocolli1 pound dried fusilli pasta
1/2 pound baby arugula
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic, and cook for 60 seconds.
2. Add the cream, the zest from 2 lemons, the juice of 2 lemons, 2 teaspoons of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
3. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until it starts to thicken.
4. Meanwhile, cut the broccoli in florets. Cook the florets in a pot of boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes, until tender but still firm. Drain the broccoli and run under cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
5. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the pasta, and cook according to the directions on the package, about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain the pasta in a colander and place it back into the pot.
6. Immediately add the cream mixture and cook it over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, until most of the sauce has been absorbed in the pasta. Pour the hot pasta into a large bowl, add the arugula, Parmesan, tomatoes, and cooked broccoli.
7. Cut the last lemon in half lengthwise, slice it 1/4-inch thick crosswise, and add it to the pasta. Toss well, season to taste, and serve hot.