Friday, June 15, 2018

TIP: Cilantro

Cilantro. Some people love it.... and some people don't. Either way you are bound to see it several times this season so let's see if I can convert any naysayers with a few recipes and tips! Cilantro like other fresh herbs won't last too long in the refrigerator so I'll try to plan on making a simple guacamole and add some to my salads for a little kick.

I also love making pesto with cilantro, or in combination with spinach, parsley and/or arugula. If you haven't tried making pesto without cheese, you would be surprised how much you won't miss it.....and the extra calories. I also try and change it up by using walnuts every now and again instead of the typical pine nuts. and change it up by using walnuts every now and again instead of the typical pine nuts. I'll put the finished pesto in ice cube trays and after they have "frozen" I'll pop out and keep in zip lock bags until future use in pasta (obviously) eggs, steamed veggies or as a pizza topping!

Do you have any great cilantro uses? If so please forward to recipes@creamofthecropcsa.org!


No comments: