8 ears of corn
2 quarts cherry tomatoes
3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar (or to your taste)
1 medium red onion
1 large handful of roughly chopped basil or flat-leaf parsley
1 quart sugar snap peas (optional)
Salt (preferably a large-flake, course sea salt like Maldon)
1. Strip raw corn from ears (yes, raw!) by running a chef's knife down the sides of each ear into a bowl--you will also be collecting the "milk" from the corn as you cut.
2. Slice cherry tomatoes in half or quarters depending on their size.
3. Chop the red onion into a large dice.
4. If using sugar snap peas (as they can be hard to find at the same time as the corn & tomatoes), cut them in half or thirds.
5. Toss all the vegetables & herbs into a bowl, along with the vinegar, salt & pepper. Allow the salad to sit for 20 min. or so before serving for the flavors to meld.