If you're looking for something to do with all your apples and pears, here is the world's simplest recipe for homemade apple/pear sauce:
- Peel and dice apples and pears (however many you like)
- Place fruit in medium saucepan with cinnamon stick or ground cinnamon. If you like your apple sauce sweet, add a teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Add about an inch of water to the pot.
- Bring to a boil on a low setting (medium/low). Once boiling, put heat on low.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes (length of time cooking depends on how chunky or smooth you like your apple sauce). Stir from time to time with wooden spoon. Use spoon to mash diced fruit while it cooks. If apple sauce starts to get too thick or stick to the bottom, add more water as needed.