Hands-On Time: 25m
Total Time: 25m
· 2 bell peppers, each cut into 8 pieces
· 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· kosher salt and black pepper
· 1 small onion, chopped
· 1 pound ground beef chuck
· 1 cup frozen corn
· 2 teaspoons ground ancho chili powder or standard chili powder
· 8 corn tortillas, warmed
· cut-up avocado, grated Cheddar, salsa, and lime wedges, for serving
1. Heat oven to 450° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the bell peppers and garlic with 1 tablespoon of the oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Roast until tender, 12 to 14 minutes.2. Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ½ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the beef, corn, and chili powder and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned, 6 to 8 minutes more.
3. Divide the beef mixture among the tortillas and top with the avocado, Cheddar, salsa, and cilantro. Serve with the bell peppers and lime wedges.
Calories 437; Fat 22g; Sat Fat 6g; Cholesterol 67mg; Sodium 491mg; Protein 25g; Carbohydrate 36g; Sugar 4g; Fiber 6g; Iron 3mg; Calcium 82mg