From Bon Appetit
Yield: 10 servings
6 tablespoons butter, divided
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/4 cups chopped onion
1 1/2 pounds parsnips, peeled, cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes
1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes
1 pound turnips, peeled, cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 cups vegetable broth
2 tablespoons (1 oz) cream cheese
4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1. Melt 3 tablespoons butter with oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion; sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add parsnips, potatoes, and turnips; stir 4 minutes. Add garlic; stir 1 minute. Add broth; bring to boil. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Using slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to large bowl. Pour cooking broth into small bowl; reserve. Add cream cheese to vegetables. Using electric mixer, beat vegetables to smooth puree. Add 2 tablespoons butter-oil mixture from top of broth to vegetables. Stir in 2 tablespoons dill. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Butter 11 x 7 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Transfer puree to prepared dish. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
4. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in small skillet over medium heat. Add panko and stir until
golden brown, about 2 minutes. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool and store
airtight at room temperature.
5. Position rack in top third of oven; preheat to 350°F. Sprinkle panko mixture over
vegetable puree. Bake until top is brown, about 15 minutes (25 minutes if chilled).
Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons dill.
Submitted by Stephanie Leonard